What is the best thing that happened to you in 2021? I invite you to close the year on an appreciative note, with this reflection.
It is likely that this year you have continued to deal with #uncertainty & constant #change. You’ve probably had to take on additional responsibilities at home, assist kids with online school, manage your own health, support your friends, colleagues & community, and learn new ways of working. Perhaps you are feeling that you could not achieve everything you had planned for or that life threw you a few curve balls.
Especially when #leading through ambiguity, shifting your focus from problems to strengths fills you with positive energy. 𝐀𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 “𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐡𝐬 & 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬” 𝐞𝐧𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭; 𝐢𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞, 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 & 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭. An appreciation of “What has gone well” boosts confidence and the ability to imagine a brighter future.
👉 Try out this exercise * :
1️⃣ 𝐃𝐄𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟖 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞.
· Together these areas should create your view of a balanced life.
· Chart these areas on a wheel (see example in visual).
· Draw a line to represent your current satisfaction score for each area. This is your wheel of life.
2️⃣ 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐡𝐬 & 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 #𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏. 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬, 𝐚𝐬𝐤:
· What did I do well this year?
· What skills, talents & resources do I have?
· What progress did I make?
· Which #wins should I celebrate?
3️⃣ 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐨𝐟 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐞𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 #𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐. 𝐀𝐬𝐤:
· What are my #dreams and #aspirations of a balanced life?
· Which areas are the most important for me to feel fulfilled?
· Which satisfaction levels do I aspire to arrive at in the coming year?
· Which new outcomes can I envision by building on my strengths & successes?
4️⃣ 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐬 & 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲.
· Identify top 1-3 areas you want to work on to create a more #balanced & #fulfilled life.
· Pick a maximum of 3 actions to get started. Could be 1 action from 3 different areas or focus on one area at a time.
· Decide what commitments you will undertake to achieve the desired outcomes. What will you start/stop/continue doing? By when?
What have been your #strengths & #successes in 2021❓
What are your dreams and aspirations for 2022❓
#reflections2021 #hopeandpossibility #newyear2022 #yearend #balancedlife #fulfillment #wins2021 #energy #work #health #energy #coachsalonigupta #leadwithclarity
*𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 Saloni Gupta 𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 #wheeloflife 𝘢𝘯𝘥 #appreciativeinquiry.